Monday, March 20, 2006

Spring Break




Spring break was pretty awesome this year. I went to Durango, Colorado with my family, Ross and Hiedi Holt, my little sisters friend. There was more snow there than there ever has been while we were there.


I got to talk with Ross alot about some good stuff. We mainly hung out around the cabin, rode the four wheelers, played cards and dominoes, and read alot. We went skiing one day. The conditions were awesome. There was a really awesome view from the top. I hung out for a few minutes when I went to the very top just to look around at the view.










One day Ross and I had to continue a tradition that Grant, Ross, Jonathan and I started last year. We chopped some trees up with axes and made a big fire. It was pretty huge.















I got to read a few books while I was up there. It was really nice to just relax and not have to worry about anything for a few days. Blue Like Jazz was really awesome. It really helps make a good distinction between religion and spirituality.

Heres a little section from, Blue Like Jazz, that I thought really described love very well:

"I was in love once. I think love is a bit of heaven. When I was in love I thought about that girl so much I felt like I was going to die and it was beautiful, and she loved me too, or at least she said she did, and we were not about ourselves, we were about each other, and that is what I mean when I say being in love is a bit of heaven. When I was in love I hardly thought of myself; I thought of her and how beautiful she looked and whether or not she was cold and how I could make her laugh. It was wonderful because I forgot my problems. I owned her problems instead, and her problems seemed romantic and beautiful. When I was in love there was somebody in the world who was more important than me."
~Donald Miller

Thats an awesome way to describe how we should love God. We think about him all the time. His problems become our problems: poverty, disease, hunger, lost people, ect. and they are romantic and beautiful things to work on. We dont think about ourselves, only about how beautiful He is and how we can make Him happy.

0 comments: