Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Faith vs. Works

Do you think you'll get anywhere in this if you learn all the right words but never do anything? Does talking about faith really mean that a person has it? For instance, you go to a friend who is wearing old torn and dirty clothes, starving and say, "Good morning, friend! Be clothed in Christ! Be filled with the Holy Spirit!" and walk off without providing so much as a coat or a cup of soup. Where does that get you? Isn't it obvious that "God-talk" without "God-acts" is completely ridiculous?

I can hear you thinking sounds good! You take care of the faith, I'll take care of the works. I don't think so. You can't show me your works apart from your faith anymore than I can show you my faith apart from my works. Faith and works, works and faith, fit together like a hand in a glove.

Dont trust me. Read it for yourself... James 2:14 ff

0 comments: