Monday, March 06, 2006

Jesus Freak

Today was a good day. I bowled a 141 in bowling class. And then I worked on chapel for a while longer. I bought 2 new ZOE Group books. I think I have them all now :) Then I went to make copies for my praise team and Sarah Aguilar and Scott Morrison were there making copies too. It was a good reunion since I never see Sarah anymore. SHEESH SARAH! Later on we had a Freshman Devo, and Steven Moore gave an amazing lesson about being a Jesus Freak, and not holding anything back. Pretty much he said we should be "unquenchable worshippers" so as you can guess I was ready to give a follow up lesson. Too bad it wasnt a discussion thing cause I might have made the devo alot longer haha. After the devo i had practice with my praise team. It went really well, I am so excited about Friday Chapel. They sounded awesome! It was a good day.


Thought for the Day:

The Creator of the universe has opened a door to closeness with Him, and we need to ensure we never take it for granted. If this talk of intimacy is to be wholesome, we must never forget whom it is we are approaching. The writer of Ecclesiastes puts it perfectly:

“Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.”
~Ecclesiastes 5:1-2

There is a time to be still and just know that God is God. This is a time to reflect on who He is and respond with the fewest of words and the simplest of songs. As the Ecclesiastes passage goes on to say, “Therefore stand in awe of God” (v. 7).

0 comments: